Sunset in Anstruther

Sunset in Anstruther
"taken last year behind fields at my house"

Thursday 5 August 2010

E.L.F Haul/ Review 2

Ok I'm just going to get right in to this because Ive bought several things from elf and gained some items from swaps.
The Everyday brush cleaner. I don't own ALOT of brushes so if I'm changing my eye colours everyday I need to keep my brushes clean and cant be bothered deep cleaning. I bought the brush shampoo which i reviewed Here I really liked it and it done the job :) for a pretty good price. This everyday one i saw had so many good reviews so i thought excellent , clean brushes everyday :) ............ Or not, I hate to say this is the First e.l.f product I'm really disappointed in. I read that maybe it wasn't so good on face brushes but worked great for eye ones but ... I'm sorry I don't think it does , i used and have been using a lot of product and each day i still see colour or sparkle from the day before... to put it bluntly Its crap. Wont be buying again!
And now on a lighter note , Ive read Soooo many good reviews about the E.l.f powder brush and they are ALL true. I LOVE it , i went online yesterday to purchase another one but they have sold out on the uk site :( gutted. It is soft , thick , dense buffs out and applies colour fantastically , whether its liquid colour or powders or minerals. 10/10!!! BUY this brush you NEED it in your life!
E.l.f Mineral lipstick in Natural Nymph, I swapped for this on MUA and I'm really happy. In previous posts I'd came to the conclusion nudes weren't maybe for me , not super pale ones anyway. I really like this i think its a cute colour and doesn't wash my skintone out the way that NYX Rea did. Its soft and smooth and colour applies evenly ,I will also be purchasing this again :)

I read on a site that the E.l.f Concealer pencil and brush was the dupe for Benefit "it" stick, being that the it stick is a HG of mine I Needed to try it. Firstly it does look darker than the "it" stick and this is the palest colour e.l.f provide , it has more of an orange tone. Honestly it doesn't blend as easily it is a little grainy/chalky , but it is only £3.50 and from the picture below i reckon it does the job. Its obvious the benefit one is lighter and brighter but on looking at the picture again I think the elf one might look better on my skin? I guess it depends on the look you as going for, what do you think?
E.l.f Candid Coral Blusher... LOVE I'm not a big blusher wearer I have really Rosy cheeks Lol :P
but this is just such a pretty colour. You can see from the pic below how pigmented it is and that was just applied with my fingers :) , great colour for summer (even tho i think the sun has forgotten Scotland lol) I highly recommend this product , its very smooth and finely milled has a lovely orange / pink undertone but also gold flecks. Great for £3.50 :D I do love a bit of E.l.f.
Thanks for reading guys :) xxx

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! I love your blog and you are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review - I'm a new reader and will be looking out for more of your posts! Thanks for the heads up about the daily brush cleanser, I just did an order and decided to go for the shampoo instead. I have the natural nymph lipstick and abolutely love it, my fave shade at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love elf. they're so affordable and the brushes are amazing!

    new follower here.. check out my blog too.

    Thanks!

    Raech

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powder brush and the candid coral blush are amazing! :) I'm so sorry the daily brush cleaner didn't work for you! :( I personally love it!

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete

Hi i love all comments :) it makes my day to know someone is reading XXX