Sunset in Anstruther

Sunset in Anstruther
"taken last year behind fields at my house"

Thursday 12 August 2010

MAC Haul

After saving up the pennies I've taken the plunge. I have to say (and this might not go down well with other make up addicts) Ive never really liked MAC... I found them overpriced and well.... not really worth their salt. BUT I'm trying again to buy in to the brand and Pigments is one area I'm particularly interested in seeing as I'm a Barry M dazzle dust addict. Also creme blushes and i thought may as well try the best and go from there. The paintpot was an impulse buy.
I bought the "pink opal" Pigment. I really love duo chrome type shadows , I've used The Body Shop's "shimmer" shadows in Purple , blue and green for years, these are a dupe for e.l.f Eyeshadow transformer or vice versa. I thought this pinkment (do you like what i did there ha ha) was very similar to the body shop shimmer shadow in purple which is pressed. Fact is i love pink/purple/ plum eyes (if you read my blog you might have already guessed). I this this is amazing , the pictures dont do it juctice at all , its almost holographic! and as a brow highlight and inner corner highlight it works beautifully. I might just have to invest in some more :P
This was an impulse buy, I know everyone on youtube and blog sites rave about painterly paint pot as a base.... it wasn't in stock today and frankly i think its a little pointless to me as i like to use the same colour bases for my shadows for more impact OR a white base. I also saw a paint pot in a dark aqua/jade colour that I cant seem to see online , I was very tempted to purchase that also and now i cant find it :( I'm rather disappointed. I picked Fresco Rose because as I said before .. i love Rosy pink eyes and this will be a fantastic base for it :) good stuff. Also I swatched this on my hand and it was super difficult to rub off ... good sign? i think so.
My First reason to try MAC , I was craving a cream blusher. Again.... Pink dolly colours Flushed English doll look .... my fave. I picked LadyBlush , I'm SUPER happy with this and i reckon this will deffo get purchased again, its very pigmented but goes on sheer , I always think this is a good thing because you can build on colour OR add a powder colour on top .... Or even your Pink opal pigment will cling to it for a more dramatic highlight. LOVE it , Thumbs up MAC ... you might have turned me.

1 comment:

Hi i love all comments :) it makes my day to know someone is reading XXX